Why Should You Visit the Magic City of Birmingham, Alabama?
Birmingham is the largest city of Alabama and is also known popularly as the Magic City. It is one of the most tourist friendly cities in the world and is quite cheap as compared to other travel destination. It is quite really a magical city as it has so much to offer to its tourists.
If you have been planning to visit Birmingham for some time now, plan your itinerary and pack your bags to visit this beautiful country. It has such a diverse range of tourist spots that it is the dream destination for any tourist cum photographer. So here is a list of things that you should include on your trip to Birmingham–
- Vulcan Park and Museum: On the top of the Red mountains, there is a huge cast iron statue of Vulcan, who is the Roman god of Fire. This cast iron statue is an important symbol for the city of Birmingham and has been residing in the city since the 1930s. The statue is surrounded by a beautiful park and also houses a museum to which you could pay a visit.
- Birmingham zoo- If you are a lover of animals, do remember to visit the Birmingham zoological park. Birmingham zoo has a vast assortment of animals and birds and even houses some of the most exotic and endangered species.
- Alabama Theatre- If you are looking for a romantic night out, then do pay a visit to the classic Alabama theatre. This theatre was once used by Paramount pictures and even used to be a Mickey Mouse Club. Today it plays an assortment of movies which will be perfect for your romantic date.
- Watch the sunset from the top of the Red mountains- Any native will point you to the Sunset point of the Red mountains. All you need to do is take a hike to the sunset point and then lay back on the grass to watch the most picturesque sunset view that you have ever witnessed in your life.
- Attend the grand food festivals- Birmingham hosts many food festivals where you can go and try out the variety of cuisines from all over the world. So, eat your heart out while you are in Birmingham, the magical travel destination.
- Visit the Railroad Park- The Railroad Park is a beautiful park filled with greenery and it is somewhere that you should atleast take a stroll. It is a very famous space for hosting weddings, shows and rock concerts.
- Attend a music festival- Birmingham is also very famous for being the host to a variety of music festivals. You can even have dinner or a drink or two in the restaurants and pubs surrounding the music festival venue.
- Visit the stunning churches- The old churches in the city of Birmingham are a marvel of architecture. So, even if you are not religious at heart, you can always visit those churches in order to marvel at the grandeur of the architecture.
- Take a stroll down the Colour tunnel- The colour tunnel is a recent installation in the city of Birmingham but it was instantly popular with the people. It is said to be almost magical to walk down the tunnel especially at night time.